Female fertility preservation
(Females at or after puberty with stable partner or willing to use donor sperm)
- Involves going through an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle. Partner or donor sperm is required.
- 14-21 days to complete IVF cycle.
- Pregnancy rates are dependent on quantity and quality of embryos obtained.
(Females at or after puberty)
- Same procedure as above.
- Freezing occurs before the male and female genetic material have fused to form an individual.
Egg (oocyte) Freezing
(Females at or after puberty without a stable partner or not wanting to use donor sperm)
- Mature eggs are removed following IVF stimulation, frozen without being fertilized and stored.
- High probability of indefinite storage of eggs.
Ovarian Tissue Freezing
- Experimental, only 3 babies born.
- Requires surgery to remove ovarian tissue.
The Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine offers discounted cost of services for oncology patients. Our financial staff can discuss your best options for trying to get insurance coverage or any available assistance.